Monday, July 29, 2013

...and this is me.


I'm the other half of the KinderMonster...Randi House.  I have a studly hubs named Travis, a 2 year old princess name Lottie and an 8 year old diva named Essie who makes me laugh and love life more than I could ever have imagined.    My 2nd grade teacher is my teaching idol and I base my teaching style off her.  I feel that establishing a safe, loving, accepting community is your classroom is the basis for everything you do.  Classrooms should be creative, versatile, and fun. 

I love vintage things...especially furniture.  I desperately wish I could sew...I cannot...I have tried and failed...many times.  I have recently found a love for exercise...especially Zumba and Pilates.  I could eat avocado, hummus, and grilled pineapple all day, every day.  I am completely, utterly terrified of frogs...irrationally so.  I agree with Nathan on the snow days...we typically sit glued to the window waiting for flakes to fall. 

The most common question Nathan and I get is "are you related"...yes we share the same last name...only spelled differently.  It's just a fun coincidence....we are fabulous friends who share similar teachings styles and enjoy our kindergarten life.  We balance each other well...Nathan is the "big ideas" guy and I am the "organized, rational" side.  We make a pretty good team and are excited about sharing our upcoming year with you!


No comments :

Post a Comment